Wednesday October 29th, 2014. The last farmers market of the season, and the end of our fourth market season. With the exception of a couple of windy days and an appearance at Deepwood Estate‘s Vintage Flea Market, we made crêpes at 51 markets this year. This has been our most successful market season in the four years we have been in business. And we introduced a number of chagfnes this year. Some big, some small, but all with the goal of providing the best crepes we can make.
A few innovations:
- Changed to Bagasse plates and to-go containers – compostable and eco-friendly.
- We now roast all of our own meats (except ham).
- Added new housemade condiments including chipotle mayo and our ranch dressing.
- Introduced a new organic Gluten Free batter that is also a Vegan batter.
- Added seasonal savory crêpes in addition to our traditional seasonal sweet crêpes.
- Opened the Oregon Crepe Cafe in the Lower Level of the Reed Opera House so we can offer crêpes year around.
- Added more crêpe grilles to accommodate more customers. This caused us to try and revise our ordering system, but that still needs some work 🙂
We want to thank our amazing staff – true rockstars one and all, the staff of the Salem Saturday Market, our vendors, our fellow market vendors and especially you — our customers that came out to enjoy our crêpes. You made it happen for us.
Richard, Lynne, Kaela, Audrey & Sarah