2012, start of year 2 here at Oregon Crêpe Company, LLC.
We had a good first year. Bouyed by our modest success, and realizing that spring is just a few months away, it is time to begin pre-planning. We’ve been looking at:
- Changes to our business model (markets, catering…)
- Business Expansion/Contraction
- Which farmers markets make sense
- Which events and catering opportunities were worth the time and effort
- Where should we spend out time and limited resources in 2012
From this effort come our New Year’s Resolutions:
- We are not going to open a storefront in 2012. 60 hours a week is enough, thank you.
- We will no longer pursue catering opportunities. They seem to always conflict with a market, and we don’t have the facilities for full service catering.
- We participate in fewer events. Art festivals, school events, community gatherings are fun and rewarding, 40 clock hours at a county fair, not so much.
- Participate in fewer farmers markets. Five a week was pretty hectic. Three or four we can manage.
- Refine our menu, continue to source local foods and develop new recipes while closely tracking food costs. There are so many recipes we didn’t event get to try in 2011.
- Enjoy what we are doing. Exhibition cooking and talking about food is a great way to spend the day.
That’s it. Were also trying to simplify our operation, make it easier to set up and serve, and continue to enjoy our work.
Happy New Year to one and all!