November 1 — We were informed today that our prospective landlord selected the other applicant for the retail space. We’re disappointed, bu OK with it. The other group had a better offer which promises twice as much monthly revenue and put the building at 100% occupied, while our proposal would have left one space still open. So that’s a done deal. Slight possibility, as we all know that a lot can happen between being selected and actually opening for business. So we are now working on various ideas that may become Plan B. If anyone has ideas for a suitable location, drop us a line.
October 21 — we are in the running with another group that wants to open a storefront in the same location where we have made a proposal. They are making an offer that we cannot match, as it would force us to go broke. ( I hope they have done their homework). The landlord is looking at both proposals. It will be about two weeks until they make a decision.
For the past few years, October is the month when there are a just a few markets left and thoughts turn to putting the off-season project list together. (The off-season project list turns into the late spring rush list, but that is another story.)
This year, however, we are looking at an opportunity to set up in a permanent retail space in Salem. We are putting a proposal together for review by the building owners, and will know in a couple of weeks whether we will be able to offer crêpes and expanded meal service year round here in Salem.
These are exciting times.