We understand that for many people, eating Gluten can pose a serious health hazard. We take it seriously too.
All of our crepes can be made gluten free, and our daily special generally includes a gluten free soup and gluten free muffins. We also make a gluten free bread so sandwiches, french toast etc are available.
While we do make breads and pastries with wheat flours, when we make Gluten Free items, do our best to keep our food Celiac Friendly and our customers healthy by taking the following steps:
- All Gluten Free Crepes are made on a dedicated crepe grill with separate tools that are hand washed and stored separately from our regular equipment.
- Our Gluten Free Bread is made in a dedicated bread machine, purchased new for this product. Ingredients are measured and mixed using tools dedicated only to GF baking, and are washed separately, either hand-washed or washed in the very first cycle of the dishwasher in the morning. Our muffins are baked in muffin papers that are stored in a sealed container along with our GF utensils.
- Sandwiches are made by first placing parchment paper on the table. Then the cook changes gloves, and uses separate tools for spreading condiments.
- French Toast, Toast and Grilled Sandwiches are grilled in a separate pan. The toaster is not used, for obvious reasons.
Our repeat customers report that we are helping them stay healthy. We are always happy to discuss our practices and our ingredients to help ensure everyone enjoys their meal.
The following link is a quick handy reference regrading Gluten Free dangers lurking everywhere.
Here is how we deal with these concerns:
NA (we don’t do drugs)
2. Deli Meats
We roast our own meats and poultry without adding flour, soy or anything with Hydrolyzed protein, including our Black Forest Ham.
3. Gluten hidden in Potato Chips
Our Kettle Brand (go Local) Potato Chips are gluten free
Got us on this one. Our oats are from Bob’s Red Mill, but are not certified Gluten Free
5. Veggies Burgers, etc. with gluten
Don’t use any Veggie burgers or fillings containing glutens.
6. Coffee Flavorings
Our Coffee flavorings are made in Bend and contain no gluten.
7. Pancake Batter in Eggs
Our omelettes and Eggs are made from Eggs. Willamette Valley Egg Farm Eggs, to be exact. No pancake batter in them. Ugh.
8. Cross Contamination
We have separate measuring, storage and baking equipment for Gluten Free Foods.
9.Sweet Treats & Snacks
Our gluten Free sweet treats are exactly that.
10. Soy Sauce & Miso
Nope. Not used here.
11. Salad Fixings
We make all of our own sauces and salad dressings (except ketchup, mayo and mustard). No gluten in our products of the ingredients.
12. Ezekial Bread
We don’t bake this kind of bread. Our bread is rice-based and made in a separate baking area.
13.Brown Rice Syrup
Not used in our kitchen.
14.Soups & Gravies
Our soups, gravies and sauces (e.g. Brie Mornay Sauce for our Rosemary Chicken Florentine Crêpe) are thickened with Gluten Free flour.
We have been promising our Gluten Free Crêpe fans that we will add Gluten Free breads and pastries to our offerings. We are proud to announce that we have set up a separate Gluten Free Baking Area in our kitchen, with its own set of brand new tools, measuring cups, knives and cooling racks. We realize it is not as good as a separate building., but for years we have been following our own GF protocols for our GF crepe batters. With that successful experience, we are confident that our guests will enjoy delicious safe food.
Since we started making crêpes we have always used two different batters. A slightly richer sweet batter with a touch of vanilla, and a Buckwheat batter for savory crêpes. Many crêpe parlors use only one batter, it is certainly much … Continue reading →